• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
  • ||HOT news by SuJeE||

    ||HOT news by SuJeE||

    This is Not a right Time to me to Enter Politics ~ Vijay Vijay's Interview to DC ! (21/01/2011)

    Friday, January 21, 2011

    Ilaya Thalapathy Vijay has once again proved that he is the ‘King of Openings.’ Though his recently-released film Kaavalan faced myriad problems till it hit theatres, the superstar has triumphed over all obstacles and the film... has been decla...red a hit at the box-office.

    The actor speaks to DC in an exclusive interview…

    * Do you think there were some vested interests who intended to sabotage the release of Kaavalan? Were the difficulties politically motivated?
    Undoubtedly, some miscreants were active behind the scenes to see that the film did not get released on the festive Pongal day. Everyone knows that problems do crop up during any big film’s release. These are glitches which are within our control and can be sorted out. But the kind of major hurdles which came up pre-Kaavalan’s release, were something which I have not encountered in my career spanning more than fifty films. It was a new experience for me.

    * We hear that you gave up a huge sum of money from your remuneration to ensure that the film was released.
    Money does not matter to me. I have done it in the past! But in Kaavalan’s case I had made a commitment to my fans that the film would release on time.
    Still, it was sad that it could not make it to theaters on January 14.

    * Despite all the difficulties, the film got a tremendous opening. Comment.
    I should thank my fans for the support they gave me all through my troubled times. They have made the film a success. I am happy the movie is running well in 350 theaters across the state. People have received the film well. I must also thank Siddique for giving me such a good film. Today I have forgotten all that I went through. It has given me a new energy and vigour.


    * After this, will you balance between films with a realistic approach like Kaavalan and fulfledged masala movies?
    Yeah, I have decided to do that. My next, Velayudham, is a commercial film but with logic. I have two heroines, Genelia and Hansika and with a producer like Aascar Ravichandran, the movie is shaping extremely well. Raja is a dedicated director and after this film, I am sure all the big heroes will vie to act under his direction.

    * Your dad S.A. Chandrashekar met AIADMK supremo J Jayalalithaa. Can we take it as a prelude for you to enter politics?
    (Smiles) There is no such motivation. Lots of people don’t get the opportunity to meet big leaders. My father got one and it was just a courtesy call he made. Like I met Rahul Gandhi last year in Delhi!

    I really want to do something for the people. But this is not the correct time for me to enter politics. Time has brought me as an actor today, and the same time will bring me to politics one day.

    * Will you campaign for Jayalalitha during the forthcoming elections?
    I don’t think so. I haven’t decided.

    l It was rumored that you had a difference of opinion with Shankar and opted out of the 3 Idiots remake.
    When I decide to do a film with Shankar, I will do it knowing what kind of a filmmaker he is and go there anticipating the kind of things he would expect from me.
    So, no question of difference of opinion. It was for purely professional reasons that I could not dole out dates as I was working in Velayudham.

    Source : http://www.deccanchronicle.com/tabloids/not-correct-time-me-enter-politics-vijay-996

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

    Which is the Vijay's best film?

    Who is the next super star in Tamil cinema

    Who is the best pair with Vijay

    Search This Blog